Raglan Loop Adventure Ride
- Grade: Hard
Description of grades:
Easy – Relatively gentle grades and good surfaces
Medium – Includes rough or steep ascents and descents
Hard – Strenuous rides involving steep ascents and descents over rough terrain. Suitable for fit and experienced riders only.
- Distance: 50 Km
- Elevation Gain: 1090m
- Ride Time: 5 – 6 hours
- Route overview: Dungog -> Flat Tops -> Black Camp and return via Stroud Hill Rd to Dungog
On the route map below click any of the numbers to see a photo and description of the turn. Click the top right white oval to close again.
Correlates with Map Numbers and photos.
To start leave follow down Dowling St. and across the Railway line.
- After crossing the Coorei Bridge turn right into Alison Rd
- Next left into Marshdale Rd
- Turn left into Flat Tops Rd. (3km climbing 180m)
- Flat Tops (check out the views 100m along Germons Rd). Follow sealed road down a wonderful 2.7kms downhill; be careful of the odd wallaby or 2 and the sealed road ends about half way down.
- At property No.565 Cambra turn right towards Raglan.
- After about 2kms turn up the hill left into Blackcamp Rd and into Raglan Pastoral Co.
- Veer left at the Raglan intersection and continue along Black Camp Rd.
- 200km to Cape York sign.
- At property number 710 take the less used right fork.
- “The Hill” leads you out the Williams River Catchment and into the Karuah River Catchment.
- In front of Property number 870 “Warrimoo” is a good place to rest. Keep an eye and ear out for Koalas.
- At the Blackcamp Rd and Stroud hill Rd intersection you have 4 choices:
- Return to Dungog the way you came. (About 60kms total)
- Turn left and follow the sealed road back to Dungog. (50kms).
- Turn right and first left for a 3km detour to Stroud Road Café. (Adds a total of 6kms to the loop)
- Lastly turn right and first right for a 9km detour to Stroud Pub. (Adds 18kms)
REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST – SHARE THE ROAD, USE COMMON SENSE AND OBEY THE ROAD RULES